Skip to main content

Google Slides EDU 585

      

I’m currently teaching ESOL level 2 students, and I find myself always using Power Points or Google Slides. For this week’s project, I grabbed one of the Google slides I’ve created to add links in it. By adding links, it will help me go back and forth from one slide to another without wasting any time. I want to make this presentation to go as smoothly as possible. I created one slide with the question and link to the answer and vice versa. Therefore, it will be easier for me to have my students check their answers right then  at that moment. I am planning on using this Google Slide once I start teaching prepositions. I will have my students grab one of the mini whiteboards and a dry erase marker to write down their answers. I think and I hope that it will be a cool interactive and an easy little warm-up to do first thing in my class!   

Comments

  1. I like the concept of using the Slides presentation as warm-up and you could use the same file as a review. You could even extend the activity to include constructing a sentence (orally or in writing) using the in at on phrases.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elisabeth!

    I really liked how students are able to self check their answers and could definitely be done independently.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

First Blog EDU 585

First Blog Experience EDU 585 My personal experience creating a blog through www.blogger.com wasn't easy at all. I was trying to create a new blog in blogger.com through Google Chrome and it wouldn't let me. I was getting so frustrated that I decided to take a break and resume the following day. I am so glad I did since I was able to use internet Explorer and it finally worked. However, I tried to save my drafts through Blogger but it wouldn’t save anything! So I decided to save my draft in Google Docs. I don’t know if others had the same issues as me. In my opinion, it isn’t user friendly at all. I don’t like being this negative about it but I think Google Sites is easier and user friendlier than Blogger.   On the other hand, I really liked how I can add an image from a website (a unique resource locator) and it would automatically create a hyperlink so that people can click on that image and see exactly where it came from. Nevertheless, I know I run a risk of t...

Formative Assessments

Teachers should always remember to create some time to reflect on their own teaching and focus on the need of their students. Therefore, I believe that formative assessments are a way of helping our  students accomplish their academic goals. Formative Assessments help students have an idea of  where they are academically and what they need to get to mastery. The formative assessment tool I chose for my pre and post-assessment is called Quizizz . I picked  this one because students tend to like it more than Kahoot or Socrative. The pros of using Quizizz is  that it is student paced and I can display on my smartboard where my students are as far as getting  the items right or wrong. It gives me and the students a quick snapshot of how much they know about  the topic. For this week’s assignment, I want to assess how much my students know about infinitives  (grammar). They should know it, but it is always good to double check...

Things I Know Now, That I Didn't Know Then

Before Starting EDU 585 I thought that I was pretty up-to-date with technology in general and as a learner I always tried to push myself to look for new ways I could to make my classes more interactive and student oriented. However, I would have a hard time sometimes figuring out some of the technology that was available out there all by myself. So when I heard I had to take EDU 585, I got excited because I knew that this course would provide me with more than what I was looking for. And it sure did. As a learner , I couldn’t wait to master new ways I could help my students not only reach their goals but also I couldn’t wait to try new technology that would help me as an educator, and reflect on them on a daily basis. What I gained and What I know Now Once I started taking this course, I realized how behind I was with all the technology that is currently available for educators. Looking through my blog posts, I realized how much I’ve learned by taking this cl...