Skip to main content

First Blog EDU 585


First Blog Experience EDU 585


My personal experience creating a blog through www.blogger.com wasn't easy at all. I was trying to create a new blog in blogger.com through Google Chrome and it wouldn't let me. I was getting so frustrated that I decided to take a break and resume the following day. I am so glad I did since I was able to use internet Explorer and it finally worked. However, I tried to save my drafts through Blogger but it wouldn’t save anything! So I decided to save my draft in Google Docs. I don’t know if others had the same issues as me. In my opinion, it isn’t user friendly at all. I don’t like being this negative about it but I think Google Sites is easier and user friendlier than Blogger.  


On the other hand, I really liked how I can add an image from a website (a unique resource locator) and it would automatically create a hyperlink so that people can click on that image and see exactly where it came from. Nevertheless, I know I run a risk of that image not being there later on so I would probably be cautious on doing that. In addition, I also run the risk of that image not being safe to use in my blog. This whole process makes me realize how awesome Google is since Google automatically lets users utilize images that are considered to be safe from the web to be used publicly. As a result, it helps my students and I to safely use images on our sites, doc, sheets, etc. I am sorry if I being too negative but I hope that Blogger will make their website a little more user friendlier for everyone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pear Deck Part II

Exploring Pear Deck Part II Pear Deck is a Google add-on in Google Slides that makes your Slides much more interesting and it helps with student engagement. It is a really easy to use add-on, but you might have to spend some time getting used to some of their features. Some of the things you have to remember is to sign-up and start their 30- day free trial. This way you will be able to get a real taste of using Pear Deck. I made the mistake to not signing up for their 30-free trial last time. After I got a taste of their premium membership, I like Pear Deck a lot more. Now, I keep extending my free trial but there will be a day that they will stop me from extending it. I am considering showing Pear Deck to the rest of my team and convince them to use it as well. Hopefully, we will be able to get their premium membership soon paid by our administrators. Here is an image showing you what each membership allows you to do: This time around, I chose to use Pear Dec

Google Slides Part 2

    I believe that teachers should always try to improve their skills as much as they can by evaluating  themselves in a regular basis. I struggled a little last time to make my Google Slides a little more  interesting, and that helped me to become better at Google Slides! I know you have to move backwards  a little to move forwards sometimes. I was frustrated but I was able to learn a valuable lesson. This time around, I was able to analyze what I did and change it a little so that it flows better.  In addition to making some changes, I added some more slides that will allow my students practice  their prepositions. I think they will have fun doing the activities and it’s an easy way for me to check  if they understand how the prepositions “in”, “on”, and “at” work. I will have to try it with my students,  and I will report back to you! :)  Here is my Google Slide! Enjoy and please let me know what you think!

Exploring Seesaw

This week, I've decided to give Seesaw a try. I heard about it so many times that I wanted to see why teachers love it so much. Also, I've learned a lot from Ms. Dana Dembecks's presentation that it was a no-brainer to try one of the many tech tools she mentioned. One of them was Seesaw. Seesaw it's a great tool for students to keep a journal of everything that they do in class daily. Teachers can also use it to assess students' knowledge and skills by uploading or adding activities in Seesaw. Moreover, parents can even log in to Seesaw and see what their children are doing on a daily basis.  Getting started with Seesaw wasn't hard at all. I think, overall, that the creators of Seesaw took a lot of things into consideration. They make it super easy for teachers to create an account and to help you immediately start by adding a class. Also, they give you tips and tricks on how to get started by sending you an email right after you created